We stopped by Deli Chicchi for quick coffee in the rather peaceful suburb of Mt Claremont. Deli Chicchi is an authentic neighborhood cafe and restaurant, it has a great atmosphere and is always busy with a high number of local residents popping in and out. The outdoor seating takes advantage of the morning sun, there is plenty of space at this cafe as well as parking for the bicycle.
Deli Chicchi serve their very own blend of the Fiori coffee brand and it is strong and smooth.
As you walk inside there is a deli cabinet and an array on cakes and slices on the front counter top, it is always very tempting and we ordered a citrus slice to go with our coffees. Breakfast is served until 2:00pm on the weekends.
Deli Chicchi is the place to be, a clear favourite with locals. It is not uncommon to see several large groups sitting outside and yet the staff accommodate everyone so well! There is free parking as well as street parking. Deli Chicchi are open from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm every day of the week and this means a Sunday afternoon coffee break is not out of the question here.
Deli Chicchi offer a breakfast and lunch menu as well as a good selection of food ready to go in the glass cabinets (cakes, savory pies, sandwiches and croissants). All food is made in the kitchen on the premises and the menu is updated regularly. Deli Chicchi serve a late breakfast on the weekends until 2:00 pm and during the week it is served until 12:00 pm.
This neighbourhood cafe is perfect to bring the parents and it is peaceful on a Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
- There is an Eftpos minimum of $10.00 however there is an ATM across the road at the Bottleshop
- The Mt Claremont Shops has a post office & newsagent (open from 7:00am), pharmacy, hairdresser, boutique clothes store, travel agent and Bottle shop across the road. Perfect to tick off your errands.
- Open until 5pm on a Sunday
- Late breakfast
- Free parking
- Down the road from the Mt Claremont Farmers Market and Claremont pools, perfect to stop by afterwards
- Dog friendly, with plenty of outdoor seating
- Great for groups and cyclists
Shop 6, 29 Strickland Street
Monday to Sunday
7am – 5pm